• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte Laminate / Chalk

tonywhittier

I have a customer that is wanting a chalk board menu, but they want their logos printed on the material. I was wondering if I printed like a slate gray color on white vinyl then put a matte laminate over the top of it if it would work like a chalk board?

J Hill Designs

get chalkboard material (a few different co's make one) and then overlay their logo? or if reg. vinyl wont stick to the chalkboard stuff, mount the logo, then cut the logo shape out of the chalkboard stuff and overlay it with the logo showing through the cutout

tonywhittier

get chalkboard material (a few different co's make one) and then overlay their logo? or if reg. vinyl wont stick to the chalkboard stuff, mount the logo, then cut the logo shape out of the chalkboard stuff and overlay it with the logo showing through the cutout

They want their logo to look like it was drawn on there with chalk, not just a decal overlayed.

J Hill Designs

well, if you have white ink capabilities, grimcos says it will work:

• 6 mil, non-PVC film
  • Calendered, eco-friendly, chalkboard vinyl
  • Repositionable, removable adhesive
  • Works with chalk and chalk-ink markers
  • Digitally printable with white ink
  • Wipes clean with eraser or damp towel
  • CPSIA compliant