• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Matte Vinyl?

wallswag

Hello everyone!

I have been browsing around for a while looking for a new vinyl to use for my wall graphics I create.

As of now I have many rolls of oracal 631 for its MATTE colors but I have an issue with some colors not wanting to stick to the transfer tape and it really ticks me off that some work better than others... Does this happen to any of you? My brown comes off the backing paper with ease and is applied to the transfer tape without me putting no additional force other than to apply the transfer tape on top of the vinyl. It's GREAT... As for black, and a pink color I have... TERRIBLE... some are worse than others. I don't understand.

Anyways, I'm hoping someone can relate to my problems or maybe I just have some bad rolls?

Also, I wanted to know if any of you know of any other matte vinyls out there? I only found mactac vinyl but they don't seem to even have a PINK color?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks again guys!

Designer Wraps

You have to make sure you're using "High Tack" or "Higher Tack" app tape. R-Tape is good and we mostly use that. TransferRite also makes a High Tack tape that works REALLY well with 631.

wallswag

You have to make sure you're using "High Tack" or "Higher Tack" app tape. R-Tape is good and we mostly use that. TransferRite also makes a High Tack tape that works REALLY well with 631.

Ok cool, I will order a roll of that tomorrow.

The stuff I currently use is perfect tear main tape gxp-750
I looked it up and it seems to be a medium tack tape :(

After it sticks nicely to the transfer tape does the vinyl apply to the wall easily?

Thanks a lot!! :U Rock:

wallswag

Also, do you recommend any CLEAR app tapes for wall decals? I really wish I could find a good one just because they roll so much nicer with no wrinkles or bubbles and look so much better when packaging and sending them to customers.

Designer Wraps

Transfer has clear too, though i don't think i've ever used it on 631. if its high tack, should be fine.

yes, sticks to wall fine with right tape.