• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Max print/cut width on S2 T160

Signed Out

Trying to maximize our print/cut width. New equipment in the shop, Summa S2 T160, Epson s80600, and onyx thrive 19. Printer is the newest piece and installed this week.

Our max print width on 54" roll is 53.5" However when doing print/cut with barcode, we can only seem to get the max width to 49.5". seems the barcode prints a 2" wider on both sides than the edge of the graphics. Have been poking around trying to find some settings to adjust this but not finding anything yet. Can anybody help out with this?

Last edited:

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
That seems about right sadly, we have a Colorado and by the time it’s printed the AAC marks and the summa marks we lose about 2.5 to three inches either side.

On a 1220 roll the max we can print with the summa lines is around 1150.

What it lacks there, it more than makes up for in being able to just wander off after you’ve loaded an entire roll and found the first barcode. I’ve found that I’m more than happy to waste a bit more material if it’ll save me hours of time loading sheets etc.

Will definitely keep an eye on this to see if there’s any tricks I’m missing!

Signed Out

I think we found the answer actually. Going to change some settings and test. But you can adjust the image margins and the mark margins. Hopefully we'll answer our own question. But please share tips.

Signed Out

So after setting these to minimum allowed values (won't let you set below certain value) our max width is 51.24" This max will be less if you have to bleed your image because the marks align to the image and not the cut line.

Is there anyway to input smaller margin values than what onyx is allowing? (probably not)

Anyway to have the marks align to the contour cut line instead of image edge?

Anybody able to get the max width closer to 53"?

Signed Out

Weird that the default wouldn’t be the smallest amount of margin possible

I gather the reason is so the amrks along the margins of the print (not the ones in the 4 corners) need some breathing room form the image edge or they won't be able to be read. Probably why the marks align to the image and not the cutline.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Trying to maximize our print/cut width. New equipment in the shop, Summa S2 T160, Epson s80600, and onyx thrive 19. Printer is the newest piece and installed this week.

Our max print width on 54" roll is 53.5" However when doing print/cut with barcode, we can only seem to get the max width to 49.5". seems the barcode prints a 2" wider on both sides than the edge of the graphics. Have been poking around trying to find some settings to adjust this but not finding anything yet. Can anybody help out with this?

Something isn't right then. I just tried and with OPOS and barcode I can get it to 51.7" max. This is with Flexi RIP though, maybe Onyx adds some extra space.

Tatonka

One way to do it would be to use Winplot and the Summa plugin in illustrator. You can add crop marks to your art in illustrator and Winplot reads them. You can manually move those crop marks closer to your print, and save the cutpath out as a separate file. That's how I print/cut super close to the edge on some of my materials, but those are only 20" wide.

I believe there's also a setting on the plotter that allows you to cut past the outer pinch rollers too

turnone graphics

TurnOneGraphics.com
Hello I was reading your posts about the S80600 and the Summa S160 margins, this is a problem we were not told about when buying the equipment. Did your margin adjustment work long term, if so do you mind sharing the settings, I just bought this set up from being a long term Roland user and we are learning on the fly. Thank you for any help you can give us. Mark Cusson