• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maximize prints per roll?

MGB_LE

We are printing training posters that finish 30" x 20" landscape. The PDF size, including dots for my flatbed cutter, is 31" x 21." The material we print on is 60" x 100' 8 pt photo matte. Since longer rolls than 100' are hard to find, we go through lots of this paper. What is the best way to maximize my yield of prints per roll? We print on an EFI H1625 LED

Dropbox - 300503 Cut Line.pdf

I've included a link to my cut file, the same size as my print file. Our EFI Fiery XF 6.2 software doesn't have the nesting module. So I'm needing some ideas to help my prepress department make the smartest layout for this project, that is a large part of my wide format work.

SlikGRFX

I'd probably do them in groups of 5. 3 landscape down one side and 2 portrait alongside them and repeat.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 114

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
We are printing training posters that finish 30" x 20" landscape. The PDF size, including dots for my flatbed cutter, is 31" x 21." The material we print on is 60" x 100' 8 pt photo matte. Since longer rolls than 100' are hard to find, we go through lots of this paper. What is the best way to maximize my yield of prints per roll? We print on an EFI H1625 LED

I have a matte paper that I can do in 200' or even 300' rolls, its also double side printable and the price point is only $0.15 sq.ft and I can stock it in our San Antonio branch if you are interested in trying it for future jobs.

Corwin Steeves

Large format printer to the stars
At first I was thinking of this.... 300503-Cut-Line.jpg

But this would probably be even better.... 61” x 100’ 154,9 cm x 30,5 m 1 Roll KPPS61 Kodak Satin

CanuckSigns

are you hand cutting these after they are printed? If so some times it is better to have a bit more material waste if it will speed up trimming, once you start nesting the pieces you can sometimes double your trimming time.

MGB_LE

We are using our Colex Flatbed cutter to trim these. I linked to the cut template above that we use on our 60x42" prints.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I offered you a better solution that is local to your company as well, am I missing something?? Why not go to longer rolls?

MGB_LE

Right after that I posted a link to the material that we're currently using so you'd see if you're offering something comparable. How does your media compare? I'd be happy to try a sample roll. We're interested in continuous improvement.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Right after that I posted a link to the material that we're currently using so you'd see if you're offering something comparable. How does your media compare? I'd be happy to try a sample roll. We're interested in continuous improvement.

Ok now you're talking! My material is definitely comparable or better and I would love to send you some material to experiment with.