• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maybe a homemade cleaning solution??

I have been sucessfully using TFX cleaner for the past few years. Each year it seem to go up more and more in cost per gallon. It's really getting $$$$...

In effort to maybe conserve a few coins, I was wondering if any one had a homemade solution that they have had success with for prepping vehicles?

Thanks

artbot

post a link to the msds... companies like to put the most rarely used synonyms for each chemical in order to detour their customer from figuring out the basic formula. maybe we can all get our brains together to shorten the reverse engineering process.

Taking the msds and making your own is that not a little like copyright infringement or Software piracy? Seems a little underhanded to me.

artbot

if you take an msds and reproduce the material, that is a little like being a manufacturer.

latex paint, pvc glue, lacquer thinner, solvent ink, these are all common chemical blends.... not "inventions". there is no patent on basic industrial blends/recipes.

AUTO-FX

There are plenty of alternatives for cleaning which are cheap, right? Depends on what you need to clean!
Mineral spirits or green substitutes.
Denatured alcohol.
Citrus solvents.

And follow behind these with water/isopropyl blend.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just be careful when inventing some of your own concoctions..... you could very well create a bomb and not know its full capacity...... let alone possible health irritations or problems.

Pat Whatley

Taking the msds and making your own is that not a little like copyright infringement or Software piracy? Seems a little underhanded to me.
There's more to it that just dumping the chemicals together. I can give you flour, eggs, sugar, and vanilla...that doesn't mean you're gonna know how to make a cake from it.

Si Allen

Take them to your local truck wash! They will be squeeky clean ... then add the price to the job!

Life is too short to clean vehicles.