• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Maybe not quite the right place, but.................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just received a request for a job interview via e-mail. Guess the person was too tired to call on the phone or stop in, so they just laid this in my lap and said, please consider me.

This person has recently graduated from a tech school and has college background in these fields.

My question is first, would you consider someone approaching you in this fashion..... and next, does this display do anything for you ?? The little paragraph introducing them self was horribly written and sounded like a 12 year old. Then I see the color combinations and what they're gearing towards and I have to ask myself.... what da fug ??

resume.jpg

mopar691

I get about 6 of them every spring around graduation time regardless if I am hiring or not.

Generally 1 or 2 follow up the email in a week with a surprise stop in visit.

HulkSmash

I hired a someone who went a 2 year tech college for Graphic Design. Never Again. All the teach is photoshop techniques.. nothing in illy or indesign, or anytype of vector program.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess, what I'm saying is... based on this first impression of this person of some colored blocks, copy too hard to read and some of their likes and wording.... this sounds like a child made this.

• Is this what our schools are turning out ??
  • Is this all someone wants out of life ??
  • Is this the best of their ability ??
  • What's to look forward to ??

I mean really... like monsters, wants to do unique things, bight colors and happy things............ is this person looking for a job or just wanna fly with the puffy clouds and get all cuddly ??

Circleville Signs

This person would obviously not be a fit for your culture, Gino :smile:

I personally would be pleasantly surprised to get this kind of resume, as this person probably WOULD be a personality fit with my culture here.

Now, I dunno about their skills, etc., but like Adam said - 2 year tech school would be a turn-off for me unless they could SHOW me their vector skills.

C

ColoPrinthead

The problem with tech shcools is that they don't teach print anymore, just Adobe software.

rjssigns

Not sure what I would do with that resumé. No substance or portfolio reference. Truth is if I were to hire it would be attitude first then look at the portfolio. Although it seems the big questions are will they show up on time everyday, work bell to bell, and keep doing it week after week?

And sadly there are many tech schools that do not teach the basics. Just base overviews of Adobe products.

Flame

Anyone over the age of 12...should not be creating that kind of thing. Unless of course they are tripping on acid, naked in the rainbow parade, riding a sheep.