• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

MBX Vinyl Zapper

jgolo

Does anyone use one of these? Because I just got one and it works great but, the working end had a yellow,orange colored eraser and it seems to leave that same color on the paint of a white truck I am doing. Any thoughts or suggestions on what I may be doing wrong - Also , do you think it would be ok on glass?

Thanks

MAB SIGNS

move it faster? Your holding it in one place too long. Same as if you're buffing a car, leave it in one place too long and it leaves swirl marks in the paint. I haven't tried one but this is what it sounds like.

uneedasign

Sign Craft has an article in this months issue. I've been looking at it for a while, but I too would like to here from someone who has first hand experience before I purchase. I don't want a $450.00 buffer.

jgolo

uneedasign said:
Sign Craft has an article in this months issue. I've been looking at it for a while, but I too would like to here from someone who has first hand experience before I purchase. I don't want a $450.00 buffer.

Well - It does remove vinyl fast and I thought I was moving the wheel and not letting is stop as suggested- I will pay more attention and try again tomorrow - (only 4 more vehicles to go)

Sabre

Ours works great but I can't recall using it on white paint. We'll have to keep an eye out.

k.a.s.

Mine is basicly a $450.00 dust collecter, it is very easy to get that yellow haze on white paint, try to move fast and don't push hard. I bought mine with the intention or using it to remove vinyl on a fleet of fiberglass box trucks, but I soon realized that by the time I got done I would have had yellow all over the box. In certain situations it works well, like on old vinyl that comes off in little pieces but a lot of times I can pull vinyl off with a razor and and heat gun just as fast as the vinyl zapper and I don't have to clean up the mess that the eraser leaves everywhere. Some people may think it works great, but I have been disappointed with mine.

Kevin

skyhigh

I have a fleet of 85 truck doors to do starting next week, so I just purchased one and an additional 5 wheels. I'm thinking I should have got 2.

Kas, you want to sell that "dust collector" ?

SAS

I pick up a auto body catalog at my local Napa auto parts it is printed every month. I have seen them in there for $279 I do not have a book laying around but I will post the name of the Co. in the next day or two. Napa sells the erasers for $16 I think fellers are around $25