Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

McMaster-Carr - this one might be a record

Discussion in 'Vendor Shout Out' started by TimToad, Apr 9, 2019.

1. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

With GEMINI charging an arm and a leg for threaded studs and sending only enough to cover each job now, I dug around and went to an old hardware source, McMaster-Carr for a dimensional letter project we need about 1,500 studs for.

I ordered 2,000 1"x 3/16" threaded zinc coated studs last night AFTER 5pm west coast time and they just arrived with our regular UPS delivery today. No rush shipping charges, no nothing.

Just outstanding service and a great price to boot.

Tags:
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    McMaster Carr is indispensible for me. I order all my hardware from them in just the amounts I need. No stocking. No going to the hardware store and sifting through their bins. And they have engineer drawings and specs on most of their items. Amazing company, and have been for years (no shop was complete without their fat yellow catalog on the shelf).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Ditto for me as well...their web site is like the big Christmas catalog I remember as a kid...and it comes complete with the thrill of seeing the UPS truck pull in the driveway the very next day.

Uline is also top notch for delivering that extra "wow" every time I order from them.

JB

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. TimToad

TimToad Very Active Member

How often has ANY supplier gotten product to you in less than 24 hours?

These companies have invested heavily in their fulfillment and shipping processes and it shows.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    huge +1 on Uline for me as well, especially via their web ordering platform, but if you need to call it in they'll literally take your phone call at any time at night.

• Like Like x 1