• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mdo

Signmaker1234

I recently picked up a sheet of single sided MDO for free! I have always ordered it finished both sides, needed or not! So my question is what you do, if you have to do anything to the back side? Can it be painted? Thanks!

TimToad

Unless you want the panel to curl, you need to prime the back at the very least and finish coat it and the edges to properly seal everything.

Baz

Pre painted is garbage.

Better to paint it yourself it will last twice more years.

Backsides you can paint with exterior latex. No need for oil based on the back.

qmr55

Pre painted is garbage.

Better to paint it yourself it will last twice more years.

Backsides you can paint with exterior latex. No need for oil based on the back.

What? Disagree. I've had signs up for a long time with the pre painted "garbage" and have had zero issues. Stop buying the garbage ones.

Baz

We will have to agree to disagree :toasting:

Never had good experience with pre-painted. And i wasn't asking for cheap i would demand the good quality kind.
Still no good after three years.

I prefer to paint my own and we are setup to do so quite easily.

Kottwitz-Graphics

I have to agree that prepainted is not all that. It looks much like a cheap primer to me. I always radius the edges with my hand router, fill any voids in the edges with body filler, prime with zinzer primer, and a coat of one shot on both sides.

It works for me, and they last for years.