• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Me and Illustrator are starting to get along!

I just wanted to say thanks to signs 101 for helping me get going with Illustrator. I have now completed 2 projects from design to install using my new mac and illustrator. I have had a few headaches converting from Corel, but its still fun(frustrating) learning new things. i do like the way it interfaces with my graphtec a little better. New projects are in the works. Thanks again!

Dan Antonelli

I despise it. Having tough time converting out of Freehand to Illy, but I guess its time. I'm the only left at my agency still using FH, and I guess it's run its course.

Was doing a simple wrap layout (or trying to in Illy) and gave up and had to revert back to FH. Feel like I'm trying to write with my left hand.

Well after 22 years on Freehand, I guess there might be a learning curve!

Border

Feel your pain, Dan... I started with Signlab about 16 years ago and it is SOOO different than Illy when it comes to vector editing. I keep forcing myself to use Illy more and more but still must admit that I go back to Signlab to do most of my "meat and potato" editing. then import back to Illy to apply proper colors and effects before print.
Not knocking Illy,just saying, -wish there was more of a standard when it comes to vector editing and the terms they all use to accomplish similar things.

Tigertron

My arm was twisted and I started using illustrator after many years of Corel. As much as I loved Corel I understand why people like illustrator. I keep finding Easter eggs that just are not in CorelDraw. Corel is still installed because if I need to do something quick last thing I want to do is to sift through the menus but one day I can forsee I won't use it any more.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Dan Antonelli said:
I despise it. Having tough time converting out of Freehand to Illy, but I guess its time. I'm the only left at my agency still using FH, and I guess it's run its course.

To make matters worse, Adobe has removed File>Open/Import support for Freehand .FH files in Illustrator CS6.

CorelDRAW can import Freehand files, but the import quality can be hit or miss at times.