• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Measurement discrepency

jbona75

I have a SC545 EX...When I set up a 6' banner in Illustrator, it prints about a .25" shorter than the file says it should...the longer the print, the more off the measurment is...If anyone else has seen this or perhaps has a suggestion as to what may be causing this, I would appreciate your input...Thanks....

sfr table hockey

When you feed thinner material through it might be right for it but a thicker media will roll out at a slight different rate. Mine is shorter as well on thicker canvas.

You should be able to do a scan / feed test (I think its called) to measure with a ruler to see if the printed lines are the right length for the media you are testing. It can be a pain to do this with every media so if you know the amount that a file is off by you can calculate a % and add that to the length. Example your width is at 100% size but length is should be changed (only length) to 100.32%.

You should be able to use that setting for each file and it should be close enough to work rather than re-setting the printer every time.

Thats just my work around.