• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Measurements of Seal 54 EL Take Up Reel Needed Please

player

I just got a Seal 54 EL and it is missing the round top tube for taking up the release liner. Could someone give me the measurements of that tube?

Thanks

CanuckSigns

ours is 56 9/16" long and the outside dia. is 2.945"

it's annoying, most standard cardboard cores that vinyl comes on don't fit it, i really wish they uses the same type of tube they use for the laminate roll so you could have the backer paper roll up onto a core for easy removal and disposal, as it stands now you need to either cut the roll of backer paper, or unroll it all loosely. PITA

player

ours is 56 9/16" long and the outside dia. is 2.945"

it's annoying, most standard cardboard cores that vinyl comes on don't fit it, i really wish they uses the same type of tube they use for the laminate roll so you could have the backer paper roll up onto a core for easy removal and disposal, as it stands now you need to either cut the roll of backer paper, or unroll it all loosely. PITA

Thank you for the measurement. Is it about 1/8" thick? I am thinking about getting some PVC pipe at Canadian Tire.
I was wondering about that... It wouldn't be too hard to make up 2 cables and bolt them to the pvc pipe.

CanuckSigns

Thank you for the measurement. Is it about 1/8" thick? I am thinking about getting some PVC pipe at Canadian Tire.
I was wondering about that... It wouldn't be too hard to make up 2 cables and bolt them to the pvc pipe.

I would say it's closer to 0.25" thick