• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media bubbling and creasing during printing MUTOH Valuejet 1604

archsigns

Hi All,

I'm trying to get any advice I can on how to prevent media from creasing and bubbling during printing. It's becoming a real problem and it's pretty much hit or miss, sometimes it doesn't happen but most of the time it does, especially with prints over about 2metres. Using a good quality vinyl doesn't seem to make a difference. The bubbling usually starts on the sides, and when it hits the printer head makes black marks on the sides this usually leads to poor printing results where the printing comes out in many visible white streaks.
Sometimes the media seems to crease right in the centre also causing big black marks when it touches the printer head.

When I load the media it seems to be perfectly aligned and the media is completely flat. It's not until it starts printing for a while that the media becomes all uneven. Can anyone please help?!?!?Your advice will be very much appreciated! THANKS!! =)

Ashley

wwpro

Agree with that, too much heat can make the media to raise in certain areas being a risk for a head strike