• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Bunching on long run printing on Mutoh VJ1624

bengalworks

So I have been using my Mutoh VJ1624 for about a month now, and am having a problem on long run printing. I am trying to use this for car wraps and long banners over 10ft in length. The problem is at about 6-8 ft of printing I start to get bunching media in between the rollers causing the printing to get all messed up. Anything under 6ft turns out beautiful. I have turned the platen heat down from 46 degrees Celsius to 44 degrees Celsius. Any help for this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

bengalworks

Problem Solved

So after finally talking with a few people we got the problem solved. It all has to do with temperature. Once you find the right temperature for each media, problem solved. Each varies, but I think we have found some of the sweet spots for most of our current media. If you have specific temperatures you use for different media I would love to hear them.

Signsforwhile

We find that room temperature has some to do with it. We had a large banner job last summer during a heat wave. Printed a roll during the day, loaded a roll for an overnight run and didnt notice that the ac was shut off for that zone. Came in the next morning to find 150' of mess.