• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media comp overlapping on one side?

bmw_ante

As the title says the Media comp overlaps on the right but not on the left side

What can be the reason for this?

The machine is a CJV30-100

J Hill Designs

hmmm maybe a pinch roller issue - compressed on one side, not on the other, due to <something> making the media skew as it feeds? just a thought, I/m no expert

Take a close look at your printer. It may indicate that the material may be closer to the print head on one side of your printer than the other. It could be something simple like a piece of debris under the material or something more serious.

~Chris

thewood

Also, check your rear and front feed and take-up reels and make sure that they are aligned and that the media is feeding square in to the machine.

iSign

I believe someone posted a similar issue 6 - 8 weeks ago, also a Mimaki... I'll look for it...

iSign

found it... looks like that guy ended up with an issue like Chris mentioned.

Take a close look at your printer. It may indicate that the material may be closer to the print head on one side of your printer than the other. It could be something simple like a piece of debris under the material or something more serious.

~Chris

bmw_ante

Moore ideas ? I have tried top just load a sheet of vinyl in the printer and i have the same problem, the right side is perfect but i have a tiny space to the left :S

Or how perfect is this designed to be?

gabagoo

Mine always overlaps closer towards the capping station than on the far side but not enough that I cant deal with it. maybe the heads need some form of alignment?

Case

Your head height is out of level.......Need to loosen screws and adjust to make equal on both sides to platen............

I've seen it and done it many times...

Case