• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Compensation

Kyle Blue

Hello all,
I would like to know what Media Compensation is and if the Onyx Media Compensation overrides the Printer Media Compensation. I've tried several tests and cannot seem to tell the difference.

Thank you.

tbaker

media compensation, basically put, is the amount of media that is sent through the printer each pass. The compensation is measured in pixels ( I believe) so unless you are inputting significant numbers, and changes you make are difficult to see with the naked eye.

Depending on your setup mechanical media compensation "CAN" be over ridden by your RIP initially, afterwards you can change it on the fly on the keypad.

incorrect media compensation exhibits itself, but either dark, or light bands in your printed material. If you have dark bands in your prints, you need more compensation, light bands, less.

To change on the fly, hit function, you will see media comp come up, the larger then number the more media passes through, the smaller, the less. Change the number accordingly, hit enter and wait until the head makes a complete series of passes to see the difference ( ie: if you are printing in 8 pass mode, let it build 8 passes to see the difference)

Hope this helps.