• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

'media cut' length?

sharon b

we have a mimaki cjv30-100. after the job prints/cuts, i want to cut the media off the roll. i hit 'remote' to send it back to local mode, then the down arrrow, then 'function' & it displays 'media cut - ent' then i hit enter. it advances the roll some then cuts the media. my questions are: is there an easier way beside all this? and how do i lengthen the amount it advances? it doesn't advance past the end of the job & i sliced the end off a couple of jobs before i realized it doesn't advance enough.:Oops:
thanks!
sharon

iSign

we have a mimaki cjv30-100. after the job prints/cuts, i want to cut the media off the roll. i hit 'remote' to send it back to local mode, then the down arrrow, then 'function' & it displays 'media cut - ent' then i hit enter. it advances the roll some then cuts the media. my questions are: is there an easier way beside all this? and how do i lengthen the amount it advances? it doesn't advance past the end of the job & i sliced the end off a couple of jobs before i realized it doesn't advance enough.:Oops:
thanks!
sharon

when you hit the down arrow, hold it until it feeds out enough, and then proceed with the sequence you described

Neil

we have a mimaki cjv30-
is there an easier way beside all this?
sharon

I also have a CJV and unfortunately there seems to be no easy way to do anything on this machine!

I've lopped the end off a few prints too - usually print & cut jobs where it seems to ignore the reg marks and doesn't advance out enough vinyl.

As iSign says you just have to remember to feed out a bit more before cutting.

Now if I could only remember to always remember to press the remote button again before I walk back to my desk...