Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'media cut' length?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by sharon b, Apr 12, 2010.

1. sharon b

sharon b New Member

Apr 11, 2006
    we have a mimaki cjv30-100. after the job prints/cuts, i want to cut the media off the roll. i hit 'remote' to send it back to local mode, then the down arrrow, then 'function' & it displays 'media cut - ent' then i hit enter. it advances the roll some then cuts the media. my questions are: is there an easier way beside all this? and how do i lengthen the amount it advances? it doesn't advance past the end of the job & i sliced the end off a couple of jobs before i realized it doesn't advance enough.:Oops:
    thanks!
    sharon

Tags:
  2. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui

when you hit the down arrow, hold it until it feeds out enough, and then proceed with the sequence you described

3. Neil

Neil Member

Aug 25, 2005
    Adelaide, South Australia
    I also have a CJV and unfortunately there seems to be no easy way to do anything on this machine!

I've lopped the end off a few prints too - usually print & cut jobs where it seems to ignore the reg marks and doesn't advance out enough vinyl.

As iSign says you just have to remember to feed out a bit more before cutting.

Now if I could only remember to always remember to press the remote button again before I walk back to my desk...