• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

media for printing flags?

astrofan

I have a Roland SP-540V ecosol ink printer and use it to print vinyl and banners. I'm trying to find out if there is a media that I can run through my printer to print flags (polyester-type material). I know that I used some many years ago in my NovaJet printer (water based) that was adhered to a paper backing that you removed after printed. Is there anything like that for solvent inks? Any idea how long it lasts if it doese exist?

Thanks

Bizzarth

Dye Sublimation is normally the best solution but if you prefer to do this internally I believe that UltraFlex has a material suitable for this application.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I have a flag material for that machine, sq.ft cost is about $0.28 Dye Sublimation is a way better looking way to go but if you really wanna do it in house this is what I reccomend.

WildWestDesigns

I have a flag material for that machine, sq.ft cost is about $0.28 Dye Sublimation is a way better looking way to go but if you really wanna do it in house this is what I reccomend.

Dye Sublimation is what I would recommend for it as well and I've done a few mainly for cars though.

Bill Modzel

3P Inkjet Textiles makes a material called FlagTex. It's a open weave polyester on a paper backer. Side 1 images fine and there's a bit of an image that shows through to the back side. It is an open weave to neither side is really intense though.

I printed a flag on the aqueous version on my old HP5000 with pigmented inks. I stitched it up and hung it at my cabin for close to three years and it held up well as far as color stability. It wore a bit on the tail end which I think was more from physical abuse than ink fade.

The strange thing is I printed another flag on my HP9000s with the solvent version of the material and I don't think the print was as saturated as the original aqueous treated material.