Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media length tracking on Designjet Z3100ps

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Rongage, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Rongage

Rongage Owner - PRGPrinting.us

Mar 15, 2016
    Westland, MI
    Hi everyone!

I have a DJ Z3100ps that I have refurbished. It looks to be working as well as can be, except that I can't get media length tracking to work at all.

What do I mean - you know that barcode label that is printed on the Z2100 that identifies the media type and length? That - the Z3100ps doesn't appear to do that. If it does, I can't figure out how to enable it. I have turned on all the "media management" options I can find. I can create custom media using the HP utility without problems. It will calibrate and profile media just as expected. The printer doesn't try to read media barcodes on load and certainly doesn't print the barcode on unload.

Any ideas on what I could be missing to enable this function?

Ron Gage
    Westland, Michigan

2. SheBeau

SheBeau Member

Dec 12, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    The Z3100ps does not track media length. I believe it does not have a code reader.