• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media problems

E

emma

Is anyone else having problems finding media that will fit the 1204?
We cannot get our hands on any 48" or 50" media.
I cannot use anything smaller. I cannot afford the time it takes to slit and ship from Oracal. I really like the 3165RA that Oracal makes but it seems they are out. Does anyone cut/slit there own vinyl. I cannot find anything that will work for me that is a 48" / 50" roll. Please help!

luggnut

i have a falcon that only takes 48" material i use a chop saw to cut it down from 54". only way i can get 3165ra without some kind of wait on a special order

E

emma

Are the cuts pretty clean using the chop saw?
What type of blade are you using?

E

emma

Are there any others out there that are slicing/cutting their rolls down to size.
For instance a 54" down to a 50" roll.

mcgrawdesigns

Absolutely, I cut down every roll of media I get. First thing I do after taking the roll out of the box is roll back the clear plastic bag on the media about 6-8 inches and seal up the edge with masking tape so none of the debris from cutting will get on the rest of the roll. I then mark a cut line all the way around the roll with a stabilo and cut it with a circular saw with a fine tooth blade. Works real good. I always cut the end of the media that will sit on the opposite end of the lever, just so the media has a consistent edge to start with next to the print head (not jagged in case your cuts with the circular saw are not perfect). Hope this helps.