• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Profiles of OCE Arizona 480 XT & 318 GL

CraigJ

Hey all,

New to the site, been in the large format print industry for approx 20 years. Most of my experience is roll to roll printers (Roland, Epson, Durst Lambda, etc). Just been hire to a company that is running 2 Arizona's. I am used to profile my media for the printers that I use to run, but they really don't do color management here (previous operator didn't even turn on ICC profile setting in the Onyx rip).

The main rigid media we run is DiBond, Fome-Cor, Ultraboard & Sintra. I was wondering what media profile you guys are running on your media and if you are running the defaults or custom profiling your media.

Thanks for any assistants.

CraigJ

AlsEU

For these machines custom profiles should be used (especially, if you want to have similar colours from both). For sure different profiles are needed for each printer, generic profiles may or may not work, but don't expect them to give coherent colours, they'll need tuning at least.