• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Media profiles - Onyx/Epson S80600

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
So, I'm printing on PhotoTex for the first time on our new(ish) Epson. I've downloaded the Photo Tex profile, I've got it into Onyx. Now, how do I get this profile into the printer, so it's an option when I load the media?
I haven't added any profiles since set-up and I can't remember how to do it.

Boudica

force a job in onyx to print with that profile on any media, it will then be in your list.
Ha, before I read this I just tried that - but it won't rip. It keeps falling out down to the buffered jobs with a rip failure. :help

Last edited:

DrunknMonk

have you tried going through your Printers IP address ? there is an upload in there, well there is with my HP Printer and onyx

Boudica

Someone else mentioned that (elsewhere). I'm not sure how to do that, but I believe that should be an option. I found a workaround for now, I've got to get this on the printer. I need to do some more sleuthing :glasses:

Snydo

A little outdated but I believe the process is still very similar.

Sorry misunderstood the OP. As for the printer, its irrevelant, just use the same setting you do for standard vinyl. The only setting at the printer of any importance is the head height and print side in for reverse wound banner for example. The profile in Onxy will take care of everything else.

Last edited:

unclebun

The procedure for importing the media profile into Onyx is very similar to the video above. But you should have an icon at the top of your production window that says "Media Manager". Open that, and then go to Media Library and then import the profile using the import button.

On the printer you will want to add the media to your media list so that you are using the correct head height, roll direction, and temperatures. In addition you will do the alignments for the media and set the feed compensation. That's all in the Media Setup area of the onscreen display.