• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Question

MagnetStew

Ok. Need a gloss self-adhesive vinyl with a 96# or heavier liner. GF has a matte with a 96# and a 108# liner but will not for any reason consider manufacturing even a sample of the gloss version unless I buy 17+ rolls.

I know, I know.....why does anyone need a liner heavier than 90#. Well I have a customer (with huge orders) who is very particular about a few things and the one media he was happy with was all due to the heavier liner from the previously mentioned GF matte - (VFW-NTC-ARLT/96#) but he wants it in gloss. The liner doesn't matter you say? Well to this guy it does.

Frustrated with GF. Any ideas. Printing on Mutoh Valuejets with eco-solvents inks. Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like chocolate. :munchie:

So, who does the pricing for you guys ?? You or the customer ??

CanuckSigns

Ok. Need a gloss self-adhesive vinyl with a 96# or heavier liner. GF has a matte with a 96# and a 108# liner but will not for any reason consider manufacturing even a sample of the gloss version unless I buy 17+ rolls.

I know, I know.....why does anyone need a liner heavier than 90#. Well I have a customer (with huge orders) who is very particular about a few things and the one media he was happy with was all due to the heavier liner from the previously mentioned GF matte - (VFW-NTC-ARLT/96#) but he wants it in gloss. The liner doesn't matter you say? Well to this guy it does.

Frustrated with GF. Any ideas. Printing on Mutoh Valuejets with eco-solvents inks. Thanks.

Am I missing something here? According to GF website, almost all their vinyls come with a 90# liner, including their 203 gloss vinyl.