• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media sense error

badouali

My printer is having problems detecting the media width and it just keeps giving me media sense error. I have checked the sensor but i think it need replacing. Do you guys know what can be the cause apart from changing the sensor. Thanks

Rooster

Is there anything printed in the media when you're trying to load it?

I've had the media sensor in my JV33 detect the contrast on the sheet between white and the tail end of a job that was cut off and left on the media and not be able to sense the width. I've also had it occur when the media was loaded too far to the left or the right.

badouali

Well i have even changed the media from Vinyl to Banner. Its still doing the same thing. I have moved the margin and all. I think the Paper width sensor is gone. I have ordered a new one and hoping that it should fix the problem. Will update you when i get it. Thanks.

iceman64

Did any of you tried to clean the sensor-strip, you can clean it with alcohol.
Check afterwards if the strip runs correctly through the placeholders.

Good luck

Last edited: