• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

media sensor?

decaljunkie

i have a Mutoh Falcon outdoor ll and when setting my media the carriage goes across to read the size of media, then the rollers pull the media back to find the end of the media but the media falls out the back of the machine. it seems like the media sensor is dirty and not detecting the. media edge. i want to clean the sensor but dont know were it is located. can someone tell me were the media sensor i located? thanks in advance

decaljunkie

is it under the silver metal piece were the media sits on and were the heaters are or on top were the rollers are there is a black strip that sits across the in front of the rollers and has all kinds of holes on it is it on there? thanks again

randya

In the back where the media first feeds through.
Should be about 1/2 to 3/4" oval shape.

I dont remember if there are one or two on that machine.
If one, it should be in the center.

If two, one center one near the capping station end.

AUTO-FX

The one in front of the printer platen is the one that would sense the front edge on it's way BACK to set.