Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

media sensor?

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by decaljunkie, Feb 15, 2011.

1. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    i have a Mutoh Falcon outdoor ll and when setting my media the carriage goes across to read the size of media, then the rollers pull the media back to find the end of the media but the media falls out the back of the machine. it seems like the media sensor is dirty and not detecting the. media edge. i want to clean the sensor but dont know were it is located. can someone tell me were the media sensor i located? thanks in advance

Tags:
  2. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    Should be on or two oval shaped cutouts in the back near the rollers.

3. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    is it under the silver metal piece were the media sits on and were the heaters are or on top were the rollers are there is a black strip that sits across the in front of the rollers and has all kinds of holes on it is it on there? thanks again

4. randya

randya Very Active Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Arizona
    In the back where the media first feeds through.
    Should be about 1/2 to 3/4" oval shape.

I dont remember if there are one or two on that machine.
    If one, it should be in the center.

If two, one center one near the capping station end.

5. decaljunkie

decaljunkie Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Thanks Randya, i feed my media through the back so should i be looking from the back or the front. :thankyou:

6. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    The one in front of the printer platen is the one that would sense the front edge on it's way BACK to set.