• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Size Error hp 9000s

farazshamsi

Need help on this. When i am loading the media, the printer detects it ok. but when the carriage starts to check the media width, it only goes few inches, and goes back and MEDIA SIZE ERROR displays on the screen. I have checked the service manual but couldn't find this error.

Can anyone know why its happening and what i have to do to resolve this.

Thanks

farazshamsi

Thanks, I checked the encoder strip. It seems to be clean. but the machine is still showing the same error. One more thing before this i had changed the rear media sensor as it had gone bad. Does this have to do anything with this problem.

Bill Modzel

I get this often on mine but all I do, if I'm sure that the material is loaded straight to begin with, is lift the medial clamp and clamp it back down without doing anything else and it usually reads and loads the material like it should.

It makes now sense at all and I have no idea why it works, but 90% of the time is does.

Just a note, when I first load my material i have the clear cover lifted when I feed it through. I drop the clamp, walk around and than adjust the guides and drop the top.