• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Stoppers

jmmccann

I have a Roland Cj-60 vinyl cutter and am trying to order media stoppers for this unit. I've been told by Roland that they are discontinued and they do not have a replacement/substitute part number.

So, my question is, does anyone know where I might be able to get these for this particular model, and/or if not, does anyone know if these media stoppers are generally the same size and would fit my roller. The diameter looks to be about 1.5 inches.

Thanks for any help.

Jeff.

sfr table hockey

stops.jpg

This is what you are looking for?

This one from the CJ 500 has a 1 3/8" ID.

Do you have these yet?
flange.jpg

jmmccann

View attachment 80180

This is what you are looking for?

Yes, Roland can't find a part number for these for my CJ-60. Are these generally all the same diameter inside? Could I take one from another machine and use it on my CJ-60?

This one from the CJ 500 has a 1 3/8" ID.

Do you have these yet?
View attachment 80181

I don't have the media flanges yet. I've been trying to get my orders done before I get to ordering these spare parts. :)

But yes, I am looking for both those items. :)

sfr table hockey

These would be more helpful and are in stock at our Georgia office

http://www.cssignsupply.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=500

Bobby, do those just have friction fit or do they tighten inside the core to hold on tighter? If they tighten and actually hold 80 lbs, yes much better, and I might look at getting a set. Was that price for the set? How much to mail to Alberta?

As for the collar, those can be made either with wood or a couple of PVC pipe if you get the ID right.

jmmccann, is your roller bar 1 3/8" diameter?

jmmccann

Bobby, do those just have friction fit or do they tighten inside the core to hold on tighter? If they tighten and actually hold 80 lbs, yes much better, and I might look at getting a set. Was that price for the set? How much to mail to Alberta?

As for the collar, those can be made either with wood or a couple of PVC pipe if you get the ID right.

jmmccann, is your roller bar 1 3/8" diameter?

Yes, the roller bar I believe is 1 3/8.

I was thinking about wood or PVC pipe. Any thoughts on that?

sfr table hockey

Yes, the roller bar I believe is 1 3/8.

I was thinking about wood or PVC pipe. Any thoughts on that?

If you have a 1 3/8" hole cutter wood would be easiest. The outer cut could be rough and not matter if it's round. Outer cut could be done on a band saw or with a jig saw etc. You may be able to tapp threads in the wood or use a nut set in place (inside the walls of the ring) to thread through for the tightening screw.

sfr table hockey

Bobby, do those just have friction fit or do they tighten inside the core to hold on tighter? If they tighten and actually hold 80 lbs, yes much better, and I might look at getting a set.

To answer my own question in case others want to know, these flanges do have a knob to tighten and a rubber seal exspands in the core to hold tighter. They seem to work well. They are priced by the each so a set up here was $80.