• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Suggestion

Best intermediate media and price for short term indoor/outdoor economical PVC

• Total voters

Gino

Premium Subscriber
no, no, no.

not saying anything is your fault. Yeah, i guess the OP should have posted more info in his first post, stating what he was about, and after.. but if you think about it,
being new, one wouldn't know exactly what everyone else is expecting. He came into this thinking, "ok need research, quick question" - nothing more.

I do get where you're coming from

That's all I'm saying, he didn't know what he was doing and when I tried to explain right up front how it works.... the sh!t hits the fan. However, I am feeling somewhat solely responsible for this guy quitting. Not for what I did, but for how others might percieve this.

If a letter to him will help, I'll do so. If a letter of apology would help, Ill do so. If nothing will help, then it's on him.

I am not a man of tact. Anyone who knows me, will tell you that. I go straight for the jugular. I tend to overwrite my posts to try and better get across what I mean, but it sometimes doesn't come out the way it's intended. My bad for that one. I call it as I sees it.

Sorry to the OP and anyone else that takes this wrong, but my intentions are only for the betterment of this industry. If it doesn't meet or fit your needs.... PM me and I'll explain.

:thankyou: Gino

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
With all due respect, I’m not going to get into this with you. You know my views on this and have known them for many years. You’ve mostly disagreed with my views on people/members or newbies voicing valuable information like this in the open.

Then why are you? And do you not see how an act on his part that you disapprove of was escalated by you when you start attacking him by bringing up his public registration entries.

You’re correct, I don’t have the initial insight you have and don’t have the ability to call you on each and every one of these. So, his background and availability to be here or not is entirely on you. I never said or indicated he had malevolent intentions, but his actions were. He just had to define himself a little further. With his coming forth and leveling with all of us, we could’ve pointed him in the right direction and showed him how to become a worthwhile member or merchant.

But you treated him as if he did. And it would have been far easier to PM me or click the Report a Post button then to dig through his profile and throw it back at him. The simple fact is that you bypassed any number of reasonable options and decided to call out this new member on your own.

I have responded in the only real fashion I have at my disposal….. posting what I think. I’m not responsible for anyone behind me or even in front of me voicing the same thing or to the opposing views. I’m stating my views and mine alone.

But that isn't what normally happens is it? For better or for worse, your comments, when negative or challenging, will normally be followed by other negative or challenging comments. The same is true when you post positive or helpful replies. So the fact is that others tend to follow you, making you a leader. To hide behind "I’m stating my views and mine alone." is ignoring the obvious and acting irresponsibly.

I had invited your guest to become a Merchant Member and he runs and away. How cool is that ??

He wasn't here to consider becoming an MM. He was here to ask a question and get an answer.

:Oops: Oh yeah, and let’s not forget, almost 200 hits and only 6 votes. Like anyone wants to give up anything ??

The poll was ill conceived and poorly constructed demonstrating the poster's lack of familiarity with the process and the items he wanted to know more about.

My shoulders are very large, so you can use me for your poster boy in this ‘Witch Hunt’ but the fact remains…. he’s the individual coming in here and requested valuable information discussed on a public forum. I just tried to curb it to somewhere else within these walls.

Not so. he only mentioned a SF price in response to one product that was suggested to him. You responded with some placement and protocol information and then proceeded to attack him by bringing up his profile and questioning his right to be here. That was where things went bad.

If you think I run him off and he told you so…. it’s only because he feels he was found out. No company in the world is going to pass up an opportunity to make money because one of their employees screwed up or was embarrassed.

No. He was attacked and his motivation and intentions questioned. He rightly concluded that Signs 101 was a rude, unfriendly and unwelcoming site ... not at all like he was led to believe. And he is passing up an opportunity to make money here because of it. Would you like me to generate a list of MMs and advertisers who are no longer with us for the same reasons? Would you like me to generate a list of advertisers who are spending mucho bucks every month who are not here because of our reputation for rudeness?

I am not looking or seeking the job position of ‘Troll Police’. That’s your job and I don’t want it. As to doing it better, I’ll have to figure out how to do it so as not to insult you or jeopardize your membership in any way, shape or form.

I am waiting with baited breath.

I’m all for a fair and knowledgeable site with more traffic than you can handle and overwhelming with Merchant Members contributing, but I don’t think for those having troubles in today’s economy and needing help, we need to make it harder in their vicinity by openly discussing valuable information that could very well hurt them.

I don't disagree except to point out the obvious. Such information is widely available to anyone who can access Google. The fact that the OP made mention of a SF price on a material suggested to him by another poster does not change the original question posed by him. Nor did it warrant the attack you made on him. That attack had a result that caused a real and measurable harm to this community. I'm not so sure it helped anyone as you claim was your intention.

As hard as it is for you to know what’s gonna come out of my mouth and possibly ruin a sale for you…. that’s how I see it with posters like this one. I can stop. Will they ??

But will you stop and allow me, along with anyone I appoint to deal with such matters, to carry out those functions without you jumping to conclusions instead of allowing a benefit of the doubt?

ProWraps

whats the priority of this website.. revenue stream or its members having a place to voice their opinion/s good bad or indifferent.

if that questions is answered, that may help direct/censor/dictate the direction of many of the threads on here rather than a fracus over opinions and this sites want/need/goal to be a revenue stream for the owner.