• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media that can be applied to brick

Cranniga1

We have a client looking for a material to be printed on and applied to the brick walkway in front of a statue. We run a solvent as well as a flatbed UV printer, I am assuming that it would need to be a rubbery media and possibly heated for adhesion. Any thoughts/ suggestions are appreciated.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
There are a few materials to choose from for Brick walls. I sell the alumi-graphics line and the Asphalt Art line which are made specific for bricks. These 2 materials don't require any lamination and can be applied without heat compared to the vinyl materials from 3M or Mactac which need a heat source and lam.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
will the asphalt art hold a solvent print and what is the life span?

No, the Asphalt Art line is Latex/UV and the Alumigraphics is Universal and comes a little wider then Asphalt Art line. The Asphalt Art line has more material offerings for other surfaces and the Alumi-Graphics is specialized for concrete applications.

CreatedDesigns

I have used the Alumi-Graphics Grip for use on concrete. It will conform very well as it is just a thin foil with a white coating and glass beads for slip resistance. I recommended a stiff foam roller to conform it into the brick. It says no laminate is needed but I used clearshield on my graphics to make them last longer.