• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Media Tracking Problem

Victorian Signs

When I receive a new roll of media, I triangle cut a straight edge, before I do anything, but I started to have a tracking issue, cleaned & replaced outer rollers, and still have problems shifting, somewhere when I am running about 8' or more of media, it is shifting, anyone else encountering that problem........

heyskull

What are you cutting?
I cut some window etch on our mutoh which was just over 8' long but because of all the lines from side to side it was impossible to keep straight. It was outside the capabilities of a friction fed plotter! Is this what you are doing?

SC

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Media will always skew a bit. On long runs I usually pull out about half of the length I'm printing or cutting, square it up, lower the pinch rollers and roll it back to beginning before starting to eliminate any problem.

S

scarface

I load up the media, pull the middle in the front of the machine and the back of the roll at the same time to make sure it's even, then align each side on a straight edge of a media clamp.

Did a 7ft piece the other day that were racing stripes (side of mustang) and it went off maybe a 1/16th"

I have the media brake on the back (versacamm) and the plastic core things that came with the machine (not sure on the exact name).

I also have the clamp with the 2 screws to tighten it on the back roller tight on one side so i can snug the vinyl roll against that and it squares it up and keeps it on track.