Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

media

Discussion in 'Materials' started by james2, Jan 29, 2010.

1. james2

james2 Member

Nov 23, 2006
    I have a customer in the wine business that need a decal that would
    fit the side of a case of wine that they can attach and remove for different events. Kind of like a static cling, but it would need to work on cardboard. Any ideas??:Coffee:

Tags:
  2. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    You have a few options. You could try a product like phototex which is an adhesive fabric but the adhesive might be to strong for cardboard. I have a real low tack 6 Mil adhesive vinyl that might do the trick.

3. james2

james2 Member

Nov 23, 2006
    I thought about a 6mil as well, I just wonder if it will pick up too many fibers over time. Then there would be no way to clean off the fibers on the adhesive side.

4. Neon RTG

Neon RTG Member

Aug 1, 2007
    United States
    What about fastening a piece of steel to the crate?, then they could stick a magnet to it.

5. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Yeah well long term solution not sure there is one unless you put something over the cardboard that would allow you to do what you want.

6. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    If its that shiny wine box carboard, I would think that static cling would work...