• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mega Ink from Fellers

danger

mega ink

stinks and had to play with colors for weeks was not to inpressed the red was better thats about it and saves money

ChicagoGraphics

When ever you use 3rd party inks, 99.999% of the time your machine will still be under warranty. 100% if you buy your 3rd party inks from the company that sold you the printer.

Mountain Surf

Need help deciding

I am totally on the fence...do I try now when we're busy or wait to try out..I cannot afford to risk trial and error right now...

Gene@mpls

I am happy with Triangle inks- but do not switch to any ink when you are busy- you will have profiles to make and invariably some tweaking to do.

eforer

I am also on triangle inks. They are much stronger smelling than oem, but they are much more abrasion resistant, dry faster and with the WG magenta they have a wider gammut. IMO there are no downsides other than the loss of your manufacturers warranty. If you buy the bulk system new with your machine, some dealers will supplant the OE warranty with their own.

While expensive by the standards of the bulk ink market, the triangle JVS inks are vastly superior to the OEM inks and half the price. Well worth the effort to switch. Plan on investing in a spectrophotometer/densitometer and spending some time profiling though, your old profiles will of course be useless.

One final note, while I clean my wiper hood and platen with Acetone, I only use JVS cleaning fluid on in the caps and on the heads. Its a pain to get, but is much more economical than the OEM Mimaki cleaning solution (the triangle is $80.00 per liter) and it works great.

eforer

Haven't tried the Mega Inks, although we use Triangle Inx with great success.

BTW, a company can't void your printer warranty for using 3rd party inks. That is a scare tactic. Even so, most 3rd Party ink manufacturers will pick up the remainder of your warranty to switch over. Here is an article that deals with the subject:

http://www.lexjet.com/lexjet/newsletter/2007/May_Expand/ThatsaGoodQuestion.asp

I was told by a tech that most things would still be covered, but anything related to the ink system would be void. This could be a load though, so who knows. Regardless of warranty, I would never go back to OE. The biggest reason I haven't picked up a JV5 and am hesitant to purchase a JV33 is that its much more difficult to go bulk. With an S and firmware 3.10 its stupid easy.

Mountain Surf

Thanx guys

Thanks, I appreciate the help, I decided to wait until we are less busy and can also get a spectro at the same time and have some playtime to get worked out. Triangle sounds like the way to go though.

MobileImpact

yeah,

I am familiar with triangle, warranties etc. I was more curious about that SPECIFIC ink. I run and have run third party inks in all 3 of my printers, just wondering about that particular ink.

Thanks

Kevin