• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Menu board for a bakery/ice cream shop

soloinstaller

Hello everybody. Client wants a menu board done and was requesting coroplast with digital print. Is this sufficient to handle heat and humidity? Customer did mention that they want to get the most economic option and i guess this would be it

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is this gonna be inside or outside ??
Is it gonna be hung, stood up or flush mounted ??

Economical has two meanings. Cheap or best bang for your buck.

For a menu, I'd go cheap, if they don't mind the flutes in their menu, cause they'll be changing prices out all the time

unclebun

Having done menu boards for a caramel corn/popcorn place using coroplast for a quick temporary sign while we were designing their permanent sign, I can say that coroplast will not endure the heat. Warping and sagging made them ugly in just a couple of weeks.

10sacer

PVC is a better way to go.
For better way to go, there is a composite panel with steel face instead of aluminum and then prices could be done with magnets

Chris Keena

PVC is a better way to go.
For better way to go, there is a composite panel with steel face instead of aluminum and then prices could be done with magnets
Can you find steel face composite in stock anywhere? I’ve been looking and coming up empty everywhere.

10sacer

Can you find steel face composite in stock anywhere? I’ve been looking and coming up empty everywhere.
I have 5 sheets sitting here. We are also surrounded by fabricators for NASCAR, so if needed, I can get ultrathin sheets of steel and make my own. Works pretty good.