• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Merchant Member Reviews???

Border

I've used some MMs here for outsourced printing and would like to post some reviews. But when I go to the new reviews section under the proper section for these services, it seems to me that it would be best if the various Merchant Members first set up their own individual review sections, providing photos of their facilities, various services offered, equipment used, etc.

That would seem to give the most details about that MM and then other's reviews could follow.

Does that seem right or am I missing something there? I can see where it's easy to set up a new review for something like a plotter or software but it seems to me the MMs should set up their own review sections/threads first so that they have accurate info about their facility and services offered.

BobbyFosson

For the MM's that are willing, I think it would be a no-brainer to post a review.

For those Manufacturers, vendors, suppliers and others that do not visit or subscribe, it is up to the community to post where they see fit.

Keep in mind, to post, you must have direct experience with the subject being reviewed. All posts and comments are subject to approval by management and the owners of Signs101.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think its a fine idea for those MMs that want to do so. But I doubt you'll find many doing it for any number of reasons.

What you should realize is that the new classifieds and merchant directory are for advertising and the new reviews are not. In classifieds, the advertiser presents the company or a product from the perspective of acquiring customers. It is a communication from the advertiser to you. The reviews is a different animal intended to mainly be the collective opinions of the customers for the benefit of the customers.

So if Vendor A has great customer service and a huge inventory of products I use, but also is a bit higher in price than Vendor B or Vendor C, that's for you and me to say ... not Vendor A.

The Reviews section can be an invaluable tool for members when and if they choose to add their input to it. It serves a completely different need than does either the classified ads, the merchant directory or the banner advertisements.