Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merry Christmas

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Si Allen, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2005
  2. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    Merry Christmas.

3. roxym

roxym Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Merry Christmas and peace to all!

4. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Hey next time someone tells you Happy Holidays your reply should be "Happy Holy Day to you too!"

5. Colin

Colin Major Contributor

Sep 16, 2004
    Earth
    But what if that person is an agnostic or an athiest? People with a religious belief system (in this case christians), don't have the market cornered on peace, love, good will, etc.

I don't wish to start a debate - certainly not on this thread, but if a person extends a greeting to you, why not just accept it, and don't expect them to see the "big picture" just the way you do.

After all, there aren't really any holy days, they don't exist, no matter what religion, they exist on a man-made calendar only due to the importance that we place on them.

Wednesdays don't really exist in nature, we just call it that because we need a point of reference.

6. WVB

WVB Very Active Member

Feb 25, 2005
    Colin if you are a Christian (someone who simply believes in God) then you already know the answers to the questions you have asked. In fact the Holy day does exist Colin, it is Jesus' birthday.

But no more discussion on religion I do not wish for this thread to be closed - Thank you.

7. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    No matter what your beliefs - we celebrate this holiday season BECAUSE of Christmas - whether it is a point of reference or a holy day it is the reason that we celebrate at this time of the year. I have no problem with someone saying happy holidays and certainly take it at the face value, however I do have problem with wanting to forget why we have the holiday to begin with. 'nuff said.

8. Blazingsun

Blazingsun Active Member

Feb 27, 2005
    I second That..

9. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    [​IMG]

It does not matter what your particular belief is. I am bothered when I hear about stores like Target not allowing employees to wish customers Merry Christmas. I will not be offended if someone wishes me Happy Hanukkah or any thing else. Just say "Thanks, and same to you". Peace on Earth. Christ is Love, so remember the reason for the season. Have a Happy Whateveryourholidayis.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2005
  10. Dave Drane

Dave Drane Very Active Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Well said Steve....and may the blessings of the year past again be upon you and Si and the rest of the members.

11. Derf

Derf Very Active Member

A Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! Said, Saint Nick

12. kevco

kevco Guest

I just wanted to tell everyone "Marry Christmas". I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and get to spend it with the ones you love. If you are traveling be careful and God bless.

Attached Files:

13. Kevin Huffman

Kevin Huffman Member

May 2, 2005
    Merry Christmas guys, I am not very creative so I decieded to give you a christmas link that made me laugh.

http://members.cox.net/transam57/lights.wmv

This guy actually got shut down by city (grid lock from all the light watchers). But he did have a radio station set up to play this song over and over, the lil sign on the right tells views what station to tune to hear the song.

It is pretty cool.

14. tiamarie

tiamarie Member

Nov 4, 2005
    FYI, The band that does the song is Trans-Siberian Orchestra. And they are awesome! They put on one of the best live shows. If you ever have the chance to see them, do it.

Oh and..

Merry Chrismas!!

15. nxtremesign

nxtremesign Member

Aug 4, 2005
  16. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Merry Christmas!

17. Eddie Gallivant

Eddie Gallivant Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Merry Christmas!!

18. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    Yes....Merry Christmas to Everyone!
    CHEERS!
    Ken and Julie

19. cmaxdesigns

cmaxdesigns Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it!

20. The Equipment Guy

The Equipment Guy Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Merry Christmas to all! Hope the New Year brings prosperity and renews the creative juices!

Craig