• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Message center source?

SignManiac

Looking for a double sided 18"h. X 60"w. by 10"d. wireless electronic message center that will be incorporated in a monument style sign. Client is asking for remote programmable and I see there are some that can be wireless programmed from a good distance, some with CAT cable and some from the cloud.

Never worked with these before so any tips on what to look for and what to avoid also?

Thanks!

MikePro

watchfire. though 10"deep might be too thin for a double-sided. they have a new "slim-line" but I don't remember the specs offhand.
they're pretty awesome. programmed with radio transmitter, and UI service/support comes through them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Daktronics 888-325-8766 Supposedly, the Cadillac of the whole LED arena.

We've used a few of theirs and while pricey, their support is fantastic. They have some that will transmit 1,500 to 2,000 and more, as long as there aren't any obstacles in the way, like trees or buildings. I understand, they've gotten better [further] since our last instal.
They have so many from which to choose, it can get a little mind blowing, if this is your first one. Their salespeople are very patient and will walk you through anything. Remember, you'll do the installation and hook up, but they'll send someone on site to train your customer for I think 2 days. It's part of their package deal. 5 year warranty against almost anything.

PRS Bryan

Daktronics 888-325-8766 Supposedly, the Cadillac of the whole LED arena.

We've used a few of theirs and while pricey, their support is fantastic. They have some that will transmit 1,500 to 2,000 and more, as long as there aren't any obstacles in the way, like trees or buildings. I understand, they've gotten better [further] since our last instal.
They have so many from which to choose, it can get a little mind blowing, if this is your first one. Their salespeople are very patient and will walk you through anything. Remember, you'll do the installation and hook up, but they'll send someone on site to train your customer for I think 2 days. It's part of their package deal. 5 year warranty against almost anything.

I will second every thing said here about Daktronics. We have sold and service many Daktronics message centers. They have the Venus 1500 software that is simple to use and includes some useful animations. They are simple to repair, usually just replacing a driver (PCB). Their customer service has always been spot on in the three years I have delt with them. Finally they are made in the USA if that is important to you or your client. Admittedly they are more expensive, but you are definitely receiving a premium product.

Marlene

Watchfire is made in the USA with parts made in the USA. not suppose to have any cheap Chinese LED or other components

Doc Savage

If price is not an object Daktronics is the best thing going out there. The company I work for has been selling and installing quite a few Thinksign message centers. The Thinksign product is 10 1/4" deep per side. So you generally need a sign about 25" deep depending on the center pole dimension. unless having the message center stick out on each side is not an issue.

idsignsil

We use Watchfire all the time and they are the only ones we use. They are made in Decatur, Illinois and if you have a problem or need parts they are right there and very helpful.

SignManiac

I will check into both Dak and Watch. It's for an Elks Lodge so I haven't found out what their budget is yet. But I want to give them a couple of options.
I'd like to see if they can build with it going through both sides of the monument wall which is about 6" on the face.

Attachments

• Elks.jpg
    Elks.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 158

Gino

Premium Subscriber
They're always one-sided units. I think the thinnest I know of is about 7". That would be a total of 14" if smack up back to back. Usually you want a little breathing room in there for maintenance. Any of these companies mentioned will explain how it works. You need to build it so you can remove it in case of something going wrong and needing to get in there.

We were working on some face replacements in a pylon sign about 2 weeks ago and the LED was on the bottom. If it ever needs work done on it.... other than bulb replacements, I pity the guy who has to climb in there, as they didn't leave any wiggle room for maintenance from the front and the sides are cemented in with about 1/4" space, if that. The closest removable panel is about 24" above the unit. That's a long reach when you're up in the air.

1-800 LED SIGNS

Looking for a double sided 18"h. X 60"w. by 10"d. wireless electronic message center that will be incorporated in a monument style sign. Client is asking for remote programmable and I see there are some that can be wireless programmed from a good distance, some with CAT cable and some from the cloud.

Never worked with these before so any tips on what to look for and what to avoid also?

Thanks!

Hey Bob,

I Emailed you over those prices.
Interested in reselling our signs too?

Click thread below:
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?121103-Resell-Programmable-LED-Signs-1-800-LED-SIGNS

Thanks
1-800 LED Signs

CreatedDesigns

Just looking for a follow up on what was chosen for the message board.
And just for reference the Watchfire units are 5" deep. To anyone looking at this thread.

SignManiac

They opted to go without an electronic message center and the city has a temporary moratorium on them now until further notice.

DirtyD

I justed wanted to post this option.. I have yet to use them but they are growing they I have seen them in the magazines and talked to them and got some pdf's from them..

Cirrus LED Systems - https://cirrusled.com/

It's a modular system looks pretty cool