• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion message "mispostiond media'

Rodney12

Has anyone seen on a HP Latex 570 a message on the control panel "mis positioned media "? It does not happen all the time. Had customer adjust the max skew to 49 from 120 and it seemed have resolved it for a couple days and then it came back. It when the cu 1st loads the media, goes thru its skew and rewinder check and then the message appears.

Does the media your using have a nipple on the right side of the core? If the core is longer then the media on the right side of the machine it will make it so the start of the media is past the 3" zone. Sometimes when the material is past the 3" mark on our 365 we get a similar message.

Rodney12

Does the media your using have a nipple on the right side of the core? If the core is longer then the media on the right side of the machine it will make it so the start of the media is past the 3" zone. Sometimes when the material is past the 3" mark on our 365 we get a similar message.
I will ask the customer this question. thanks so much for your quick reply