• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metal Poster Design Contest - VOTE NOW (again)!

Please vote for the design you like the best.

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 5 3.6%

Votes: 8 5.7%

Votes: 6 4.3%

Votes: 9 6.4%

Votes: 5 3.6%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 11 7.9%

Votes: 21 15.0%

Votes: 3 2.1%

Votes: 22 15.7%

Votes: 1 0.7%

Votes: 13 9.3%

Votes: 26 18.6%

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters

Gino

Premium Subscriber
This isn't my cup of tea, but it certainly was interesting looking at these. I don't understand the subtleties in this work, so I chose based on layout, balance, content and color usage...... mostly content.

Flame

Yeah, I really don't understand the votes. lol. The best few I saw are losing big time.

Some are downright funny! It was enjoyable to look over them all. :)

Flame

14 is a work of art....beautiful!

All are great. I'm going to hold my vote for now. Also love #10.

Like I said... I don't get it. #14 just doesn't do anything for me, inspires no emotions. I don't think mine's the best out of these, but there are others that really capture you, and are not getting the votes.

To one of you underdogs, I VOTED FOR YA!!!! lol.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I guess if the ones you thought should be winners are in actuality..... losing, then you're taste isn't all the good ??

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and that's why the voting seems to be the fairest way of all, instead of discussing or debating. Eyes of the beholder deal.....:rolleyes:

:ROFLMAO:​

Flame

I guess if the ones you thought should be winners are in actuality..... losing, then you're taste isn't all the good ??

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and that's why the voting seems to be the fairest way of all, instead of discussing or debating. Eyes of the beholder deal.....:rolleyes:
:ROFLMAO:​

The majority of my customers like arched, all caps old english. :rock-n-roll:

njsigns

Like I said... I don't get it. #14 just doesn't do anything for me, inspires no emotions.

14 got my vote because of this statement:

Poster must include:
A new logo/lettering style for the band "Glass Half Deadly"

I don't know how much death metal any of you listen to, or how familiar you are with the genre, but I am very familiar with it. 14 is honestly the only one that comes close to looking like a death metal logo (to me). Look up Obituary, Suffocation, Necrophobic, Dying Fetus or Cryptopsy for examples of death metal logos (actually that's all that I have linked above is pictures of logos). Most of these were designed in the late 80's to early 90's, I actually would have stepped it up and went with more of a black metal style logo.

I always found it funny that the roots of death metal started in Florida. Read about Death Metal on wiki.

JMHO -
Gene
(a former death/black metal band front man/guitarist)

Flame

Dabbled in some death metal, mostly just messing with ya guys. I still don't think 14 gets it, but it's definitely not the worst either. :)

Carry on! :) :) :)

iSign

yay!!!

I knew I was voting for a winner... even though it took several days for folks to push whoever's it was into the lead... If I can't produce a winner... it's nice to know I can at least recognize one! :thumb:

Joe Diaz

I figured Id give it a few more days. There might be a few more that have not voted. Then we'll shut it down. Declare the winner and post who did what.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
I like 13 for the clear presentation in the "old fashioned" grouping of information blocks on the bottom. But...
Gotta vote for #3. An IHOP tattoo? I love it!

Sparky

So not one of these did ANYTHING for me.

They all looked like a joke made up for the contest. I expected dark and edgey, but was let down.

Many good rules of sign making were followed, but I think it s possible to leave the rules for a contest aimed at certain audiences... does that make sense?

ericmitchell29

I think you have viewed too many death metal posters kids have made and it is forever burned into your mind that poor design is edgy and therefore part of the metal culture... does that make sense? haha probably not.

Sparky

I think you have viewed too many death metal posters kids have made and it is forever burned into your mind that poor design is edgy and therefore part of the metal culture... does that make sense? haha probably not.

the only funny thing in your post is the reality of it. Is it possible to for the abundance of lack of standards to become the standard in my head? Probably, but only in my head!:thumb: