• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metal Shavings around capping station?

jiarby

Uh oh...

This can't be good....
I am seeing metal bits collecting... what could be causing this?

Attachments

• DSCN5167.jpg
    DSCN5167.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

jiarby

yep.... you think it is from that?? I never noticed it before. My car mechanic always told me that metal flakes in your oil pan was bad.

jlarkin1982

that may be the case if your cutting all the way down to the bottom. I would clean and run to see if it happens again. you would hear something going wrong if it hitting hard enough to scrape off metal while printing

PMG

what ValueJet model is this,,,i have the 48 and mine dont have the metal bracket that yours has.

PMG

is that bracket suppose to be there ..im not sure but mine is not there,,is that the shipping bracket so the head dont move during shipping..mine was removed.

randya

See if you can find where they are coming from.

It sounds like it could be a carriage bearing.

get a magnet and see if they are steel.
check your x-rail for wear and move the head back and forth slowly and check for binding.

There are metal races in the x-rail that the carriage bearing ride on, these can be cleaned and lubed with a light grease, which will transfer to the bearing and then the x-rail race is cleaned again.

jiarby

I think the clunking is the ribbon cable & ink lines...

Shavings are not steel (failed the magnet test). I don't see where anything could be riding on the beam as if a bearing failed. I'm gonna clean it up and keep my eyes peeled.

Randy...

Seems to be on just the capping station side, didnt see it on the left.

Whaddya think?? Maybe just paper from cutting vinyl?? No one noticed my blocked black nozzles! (better now)