• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metallic Decals

ZipSeb

I'm looking to produce sone decals for a client with a metallic finish. I was wondering how people go about producing these WITHOUT a metallic ink printer.
I know Avery has a Clear Sparkle Laminate but I wanted to see what other way people were producing these.

IsItFasst

Yes, we do this with metallic laminate, print on reflective white or metallic silver. You can also buy metallic white vinyl but we have so many other options we don't choose to offer it.

ikarasu

If you have white ink printing on metallic vinyl is a good option, you can put white behind anything you don't want to be metallic and it'll make it opaque. Rtape has a few different metallic option

JSIGN

If you have white ink printing on metallic vinyl is a good option, you can put white behind anything you don't want to be metallic and it'll make it opaque. Rtape has a few different metallic option
We find good results printing onto metallic vinyls from GRIFF Company in Lakewood NJ 732-367-2166 with our Roland Eco Sol printer and laminating

Attachments

• CMC EPOXY FAUX PLAQUE BRUSHED ALUM ROUND (3).jpg
    CMC EPOXY FAUX PLAQUE BRUSHED ALUM ROUND (3).jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 38
  • MEMORIAL DOG FAUX PLAQUE DOG WALK AREA - JIMSIGNS (1).jpg
    MEMORIAL DOG FAUX PLAQUE DOG WALK AREA - JIMSIGNS (1).jpg
    3 MB · Views: 42
  • BEADSMITH LABELS BRUSHED METAL (2).jpg
    BEADSMITH LABELS BRUSHED METAL (2).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

MNT_Printhead

Working among the Corporate Lizard People
I recently used some brushed gold Avery SF 100 with my latex to make some fake embossed looking certificate stamps. They turned out well.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Just print whatever you're printing on the lightest metallic silver vinyl available to you. I've used Oracal, 3M, Avery and others. I get the best results with Oracal and 3M since they offer the lightest silver. With Avery I've used whatever they call their relatively coarse silver glitter. Since your white point is now silver you may want to adjust the colors. Silver makes everything a bit darker and yellows tend to be brassy. Just print a Pantone, or whatever you're using, color chart and use that to diddle the colors. I do this all of the time and, since the ink is transparent, it always looks like candy apple paint. The lighter the color the more intense the effect. From light colors to dark their transparency coefficient runs from 100 to 0. The biggest problem I encounter is that my plotter isn't able to read registration marks printed on silver. Your mileage may vary. Nonetheless, I solve this by keeping the registration marks well away from the object to be cut and putting a white vinyl patch on the silver at the location of each mark and then printing. Works for me.