• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Metallic not working at all

Ben338

Hi guys,

Very new Roland user here, i can't get any kind of metallic print from my VS540i. The metallic color chart printed brilliantly so i know the machine is fine and therefore i know what the colors SHOULD come out like. I'm using the roland metallic color pallet in Corel X7, then exporting as PDF (settings seem fine), into versaworks using 'Generic vinyl - MT' setting. The metallic symbol shows up too. But then the print is just a bad quality non-metallic version of what it should be?!

Id be very grateful for any suggestions you have.

Ben338

Does the metallic print on the nozzle test?

Have you tried cleaning the head and agitating the cartridge?

edited to add: Are you sure you're using the setting within the profile with "Mt" in it?

Thanks for the reply,

I tried to print some metallic straight after printing the color chart (which was fine), and nothing. Nozzle test also fine. Definitely using all metallic settings, no idea

Ben338

Got it working, convert spot color was not checked! Just checked ink levels, I'm nearly half empty on metallic after having the printer since Wednesday, and only printing x10 1inch square decals with metallic. WTF

CES020

I'm nearly half empty on metallic after having the printer since Wednesday, and only printing x10 1inch square decals with metallic. WTF

This might be the issue, but in general, when you have a new printer, it takes a fair amount of ink to prime the system and get it ready to print. I would think the next time you put ink in it, it will last a lot longer. Just a guess.

Ben338

This might be the issue, but in general, when you have a new printer, it takes a fair amount of ink to prime the system and get it ready to print. I would think the next time you put ink in it, it will last a lot longer. Just a guess.

Yeah once the install was complete it had used about a quarter, but that still means that another quarter had been used up in less than 4 days just from printing such a tiny amount which is suprising to say the least! In total the waste bottle level rises by bout 5mm per day. So much more than I expected, it seems like it's dripping in there so often