Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metallic Vinyl Stickers

Discussion in 'Labels and Decals' started by Goatshaver, Jan 11, 2020.

1. TomK

TomK Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Virginia
    Keep me updated and I'll do the same, maybe BigfishDMBigfishDM has something he can recommend for us.

2. particleman

particleman Member

Feb 1, 2008
    IN
    I use my Gerber Edge solely for this sort of work. Chrome, reflective, gold leaf, ultra metallics, etc. The rest I run on my HP 560.

I did see Mimaki demoing their smaller 54" UV printer printing on chrome mirror though and laminating which would technically also work for this.

3. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Look into the Mimaki UCJV, that is the machine I would run if I was a sticker guy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TomK

TomK Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Virginia
    Nice! Why would this be your printer of choice over Epson solvent? Just curious your thoughts.

5. BigfishDM

BigfishDM Merchant Member

Jun 22, 2009
    All Over
    Just hands on experience with the white inks on this one and it being UV you get a lot of the benefits of latex and the instant dry quality. Specifically for sticker guys I would run UV with white inks, you get very crazy visuals.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TomK

TomK Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Virginia
    Appreciate the feedback and your experience for sure! Appears that is nearly double the price of the Epron 40600 or Mutoh 1641, yikes!

7. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    as whenever I have a major issue printing on exotic materials, I would print on clear and laminate the print onto the holographic vinyl.

• Like Like x 1