Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Methods to mount a full coverage print on a substrate?

Discussion in 'Digital Printing' started by john1, Aug 27, 2010.

1. john1

john1 Guest

Hey, I have not yet mounted a full coverage print onto a substrate, If i had to i have been lucky and could make the print a 1/2" smaller and mount with the BS.

Any tips guys?

Have some mags as well as coro to mount soon.

Thank you!

Tags:
  2. dweinmann

dweinmann New Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Do you have a laminator? There was a great post (do a search) on how to use a laminator to mount vinyl. You'll save a ton on masking tape!

3. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    I print with a 1/2" bleed, laminate, trim, line up on board, do a center hinge and lay down one side with the big squeegee, peel up and lay down the other side, trim and usually for kicks seal edges with a Seal-It pen.

4. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    depends on how big. i center hinge alot just cause it's fast n easy, even though i have a couple laminators and a BS. I will peel back one side and stick a yard stick on the edge - holds it nice and straight while I squeegee across.

5. Sign_Boy

Sign_Boy Major Contributor

May 18, 2007
    USA
  6. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    slap it dooowwwnn , baby!