Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mexicali

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by WildWestDesigns, May 26, 2011.

1. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Some might remember the Mexicali Grill logo I put on here when I was a real newbie on the boards. Well I was eating there a couple of days ago and they wanted me to do some embroidery work shirts. So I came up with this sample:

[​IMG]

Which used their cactus logo. The last person that they had do it had to use stock embroidery patterns. They only had one change that they wanted to do, so their shirt ends up like this:

[​IMG]

I'm kinda partial to the cactus in between the text, but that could just be weird ole me.

Anyway, I thought y'all might like to see that.

The original logo that I did was this:

[​IMG]

Tags:
  2. AUTO-FX

AUTO-FX Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2010
    Cool !
    Jose !!!

3. WildWestDesigns

Sep 27, 2010
    I thought it came out really well. I was a little worried with the cactus. I had to tone down some of the detail otherwise it would have just been a glob of thread. But all in all it came out really well.

4. shakey0818

shakey0818 Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Nice work

5. WildWestDesigns

Sep 27, 2010
    Thank you. It's always nice to be involved in all the steps from vector, digitizing and then embroidery.

Just need to get him to let me do the hip aprons w/pockets.