• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question MIamki CJV30 160 zig zag printing

lmmnsr

Hi, I was printing 5' x 15' banners and on the third copy it started printing zig zag (picture attached). I cleaned the encoder strip and sensor and it kept printing the same. I replaced the encoder strip with a new one and it still prints zig zag. Can anyone advise me what it could be?

Thank you

Attachments

• mimaki cjv30 160.jpg
    mimaki cjv30 160.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 412

Hamster

turn on the printer in service mode (function+remote+power on). Go to function->#test->linear encoder, and do test at widths 200mm, 400mm, 600 mm etc. put here photos of the results.
check y-motor motion compensation setting. function ->#parameter-> comp Y

Had this issue happen a few times. Ended up replacing encoder but didn't need too. It ended up being the ribbon cable that connects from the carriage board to the print head. Check all connections going to print head, take them out and re-insert all connections.

lmmnsr

turn on the printer in service mode (function+remote+power on). Go to function->#test->linear encoder, and do test at widths 200mm, 400mm, 600 mm etc. put here photos of the results.
check y-motor motion compensation setting. function ->#parameter-> comp Y

Hi, thank you for replying to my problem. Attached are the photos. Please let me know when you have time if there is a problem with those numbers. Thank you.

Attachments

• 200mm.jpg
    200mm.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 296
  • 400mm.jpg
    400mm.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 600mm.jpg
    600mm.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 261
  • y comp.jpg
    y comp.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 276

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would change the encoder sensor. Usually when you see this pattern and the encoder strip doesn't fix it, it's the sensor.

Hamster

I am surprised to see such test results for the first time. Usually in case of sensor malfunction (E), its data lags behind the motor data (M).
for example, with a dough width of 200, M=200.0 E=199.5; width of 400 M=400 E=399.0; width 1600 M=1600 E=1596.
In case malfunction encoder strip, the readings (M and E) change from one place on width.
Your sensor (E) results are growing. Either the sensor is broken or the problem is deeper.
Try clean sensor, maybe there is a hair or a bunch of dust.
check the gears on the Y-motor.
How printing in uni-dir mode?

lmmnsr

I am surprised to see such test results for the first time. Usually in case of sensor malfunction (E), its data lags behind the motor data (M).
for example, with a dough width of 200, M=200.0 E=199.5; width of 400 M=400 E=399.0; width 1600 M=1600 E=1596.
In case malfunction encoder strip, the readings (M and E) change from one place on width.
Your sensor (E) results are growing. Either the sensor is broken or the problem is deeper.
Try clean sensor, maybe there is a hair or a bunch of dust.
check the gears on the Y-motor.
How printing in uni-dir mode?

lmmnsr

Thanks again for your time.
I removed the encoder sensor about a week ago and cleaned it and re installed. It printed fine until the problem started and wrote this post for help.
I followed your advise as to cleaning it again and before I removed it for cleaning I noticed the sensor was making contact to the top on the encoder strip. I raised it about 1mm so it wouldn't touch the encoder strip and it started printing correctly again.
I appreciate your help
Thank you