• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Microsoft Surface

Doubletake

Does anyone use these for design. Do they have the power to run Adobe CS6. Looking for a way to design away from the office. Like the idea of it being smaller than a laptop. Any other ideas appreciated.

WildWestDesigns

I use the Cintiq Companion. I have the first version. I believe that they are up to the Companion 2. It runs everything that I've thrown at it (CS6 Master Collection, Wilcom, Blender) without any hiccups. Plus it has all of the wonders of a Cintiq monitor as well built in.

It runs 8.1, which I was a little leary of, but for a tablet it isn't all that bad (contrary to what some naysayers quibble about).

nate

Surfaces are great. All of our sales guys have one-- they can take it with them everywhere and when back in the office the dock them to use a normal set of screens as well as a keyboard and mouse.

Everyone has Creative Cloud on them-- it works very well

Ditchmiester

I'd wait until next week when the new Surface Books come out. If you really want the graphical power but still want portability that's the way to go. Gets a dedicated GPU and much better performance running 3d intensive programs.

David Wright

I'd wait until next week when the new Surface Books come out. If you really want the graphical power but still want portability that's the way to go. Gets a dedicated GPU and much better performance running 3d intensive programs.

You'll pay a lot for a little performance increase. At least $1500 or so, and more for the average configuration.

Doubletake

Specs

Surfaces are great. All of our sales guys have one-- they can take it with them everywhere and when back in the office the dock them to use a normal set of screens as well as a keyboard and mouse.

Everyone has Creative Cloud on them-- it works very well

What at are the specs on those units. CPU, Ram etc.