• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Midlife crisis and an epic FAIL!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The topic of "midlife crisis" came up on another thread, and I had to share what I found on wikipedia.

Is it really THAT bad out there?

From wikipedia:

Insecurities go so far as to affixing the badge of an expensive sports car to a cheaper one, in an attempt to convey a false sense of success.

Attachments

• Bobom3.jpg
    Bobom3.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 55

WildWestDesigns

I have actually seen a lot of people around here that will put King Ranch badges on their Ford trucks that aren't king Ranch trucks. So yea, I would say that it has gotten that bad out there.

artbot

i bought a wide body 911 once and had to take the "turbo" logo off the back that some idiot put on there.

Yes, I see it around here. I think the worse case was when I saw a car with saab rims, rolls royce logos on the doors, and mercedes logos on the back.... its was a chrysler sebring...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
So then, I guess it's pretty much the automotive version of face lifts, a tummy tucks, veneers on the teeth, and a toupee.

JB

Craig Sjoquist

Once helped sell a GTO which was a Lemans ..lol could not believe the person did not know the difference.

Besides now day's they build everything to look the same very little creativity sadly