• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mike

Mikeifg

Whats the procedure for running a strong cleaning cycle on the falcon outdoor. Like what keys on the menu will get you to that.

Mike

Lindsay50111

For my mutoh, I press menu until the Utilities option comes up, then press the enter button. Press menu again until the Clean: Normal comes up, press select or the button right under the menu botton to change Normal to Powerful and then hit enter. Hope that helps.

Mikeifg

Thanks for the help. I tried it but my colors seem to still have contamination in 2 of the dampers. I might try pulling the ink out thru a sirenge.

ahollow

The contamination comes when the sponge in the capping station touches the head, and creates a path for the inks to actually pull from one cart. into the other cart.), most of the time only as far as the damper.

A few powerful cleanings will do it, or using a syringe, as you suggested.

Then, check your capping station sponges to make sure it doesn't happen again. They need to be below the rubber seal surrounding them, and not really wet.

Sometimes, a person will fill the sponge with cleaning fluid to soak the head overnight. that can also cause the sponge to swell and create the right conditions for contamination.