• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Mikron vs stimpson 405

zapata

Hello 101 team,

I'm looking to purchase a self piercing grommet machine but not too sure on which way to go... I was researching Stimpson 405 for $220 plus 95 for die set also I'm looking at Mikron for $125 plus 49 for die set. I was reading all the posts on line and still not sure on my purchase... cheap or semi cheap?

Thanks for your input,

Dennis

cdiesel

Never heard of the Mikron, but our stimpson works great. I think it came with the die though. You can buy replacement dies, but it should have one already.

eforer

I have the Micron TEP-3 and like it quite a bit, the included number 2 dies and self piercing grommets are great as well. No complaints.

GK

we have a Stimpson with a few different size dies. It came with a #2 I believe. Well worth it.

oc63rag

I've got one of the $175 ebay machines and so far it's worked out fine. On some banner vinyls it will get some puckering around the grommet. Is this caused by the grommet/die/machine/my breath?

stickerguynyc

i bought endura from signwarehouse and it garbage...doesn't fully close the grommet. I was thinking of buy me a stimpson since a lot of peopla have it and are happy with it..

LIKE Other user say don't buy stuff from signwarehouse. My grommet machine they say is endura but is a cheap copy from china...

eforer

To anyone with a Stimpson:
Do you ever get any puckering around the grommet?

Its been my experience that with a #2 grommet, you'll get puckering on any lighter weight material that isn't doubled up or stiffened in some way.

Is everyone else on the same page in terms of that?