• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Military Discount?

Pat Whatley

...or you would understand the sacrifices made every day by those individuals
What sacrifices are those?

...and I mean absolutely no offense by that. I've just always heard about the "sacrifices" but of all the military people I've known the only "sacrifices" I've seen happen when they're shipped off to war.

Last edited:

Flame

Most didn't join for any great or honorable reason

I guess that's my problem with the discount idea... I personally know about a dozen people in the military. Half of them I wouldn't trust at my front counter for fear of losing money out of the till, 2 are standup people, the rest are slobs with no work ethic, couldn't hold down a real job, and military is all they had to fall back on. Just seems Military prefers finding the nobodys and lowbodys and just train them how they want, and file em in rank.

I don't really get anyone asking for a discount, and advertise no such discount for any man whether he be a fighter pilot, firefighter or saint. That said, had a gent from the airforce want to order some stuff at one point, was a great guy and I respected what he was doing, so gave him a healthy discount. Only time it ever got brought up though.

I'm with Flame. I don't mind giving discounts --> but only if I feel they are deserved. And typically, coming in the front door asking for one isn't the way to get one.

BALLPARK

Just got done with a project last week on a couple of wraps. It was for another sign company that is owned by a former Marine. We discounted it heavily for him and traveled to his location for the install. His clients were also Marines..lol. So it was a great feeling to give such a huge discount and still provide them with first class materials and service.

I am sure that most sign companies provide big discounts for our brave Men & Women of the Armed Services. What is a week of our time at a discounted rate when compared to their sacrifices...hell it would be free if I had the money..lol.

Go Marines!!!
Go Army!!!
Go Navy!!!
Go Air Force!!!
Go USA!!!!!!!!!

Fatboy

But you believe all the crap you wrote.... huh

I don't believe anything I wrote lol

Nice to chat.Love your country and have always been a big supporter.Also well aware of the more than positive role your country plays in the world

mountainmang

thank you Machinist Mate Chief Steven Jackson US Navy for your service and for what YOU have done...best of luck in your retirement:thumb::thumb:

3dsignco

Any "Welcome Home Banners" I will do at cost.

If its just a soldier wanting Graphics or something like that on his SUV with 28" Ghetto Rims. No Discount.

When we Bid on work for the base (Ft Carson, NORAD ect. we are actually forced to raise our prices due to Davis Bacon.

Being Former ARMY myself I can understand both sides. Andy I agree with you and thank you for being an Allie but remember they are not usually American's War but Our and Your Governments Wars. We the people just get to fight for them. We could easily end all war in our time. Just make the leaders fight it out in a Cage Death Match.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have just deleted those posts which would require me to move this thread to the No Holds Barred forums. Please keep your posts on topic and non-political.

CanuckSigns

We have never been asked for a military discount before, what i imagine i would do would be to throw in some extras for no cost (decals, banner etc..) or add a few extra design element to their sign for no charge. I think someone would appreciate that more becauase it's something that will last long after they forgot about a 20% discount.

Just a thought.

Boomer

Well since my wife is DAV(Navy corpsman),father -in-law is Navy(ret),my sister-in-law is JAG CMDR Coast Guard,Brother-in-law is MJR.Marines Father, State Police (ret) Grandfather, Chief of Police,Chief of Fire Dept. Many friends in law enforcement....Yeah we discount.
I thank them and all who have served to protect me and my family.
It doesn't matter if they were on the front line or in the warehouse they ALL took the same oath to defend and protect...:wavingflag:

David Wright

Well since my wife is DAV(Navy corpsman),father -in-law is Navy(ret),my sister-in-law is JAG CMDR Coast Guard,Brother-in-law is MJR.Marines Father, State Police (ret) Grandfather, Chief of Police,Chief of Fire Dept. Many friends in law enforcement....Yeah we discount.
I thank them and all who have served to protect me and my family.
It doesn't matter if they were on the front line or in the warehouse they ALL took the same oath to defend and protect...:wavingflag:

So if you didn't have family and friends in the service you wouldn't donate? Just trying to understand your point.

Boomer

Yes we would still discount for police,fire and military.Just making a point how more important it is to some of us more so than others.Most people in business have someone or some cause they feel passionate about or maybe no one no cause.That's entirely up to the business owner.Having such a close association with these three professions happen to be ours.
Not all our "discounts" come in the form of percentages,Some may be extra work on designs or an extra shirt or two when embroidering.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Just about everyone here has either been in the military, is in the military or is related to someone in the first 2 categories.
I'll give a discount if asked and we even promote a military discount on occasion as we advertise in the (on-base) papers here.

The military is building up here and the federal dollars flow from inside the fence out into the local community.

wayne k
guam usa

buttons

Where I work I've never had someone ask for a discount and we've never offered it. If they did ask they'd get laughed at and told no. They CHOSE to enlist. They weren't forced to do it. They're not entitled to anything.

smdgrfx

thank you Machinist Mate Chief Steven Jackson US Navy for your service and for what YOU have done...best of luck in your retirement:thumb::thumb:

+1

I usually give a very nominal discount if asked properly and I can tell it's sincere. I am a veteran of the US Navy and I know what kind of "sacrifices" Chief Jackson and others had to endure. I've got several personal friends that are recipients of the Purple Heart. I am a decorated Search and Rescue swimmer (that means I saved lives - lots of them). Hell yeah I'm giving out discounts to our veterans!!! For those of you that never served our great country, you just can't fathom what some of us have gone through.

PC3(SAR)
USS Halyburton FFG-40